The Foreign Currency Travellers Cheques are convenient and easy to use while travelling abroad and allows you the convenience of cash as well as purchases (At select establishments) and hence are a great way to carry your foreign currency while travelling.
Thomas Cook makes it convenient for you to carry your money in the following currencies through a Foreign Currency Travellers Cheque:
United States Dollars (USD)
Great Britain Pounds (GBP)
Japanese Yen (JPY)
Australian Dollars (AUD)
Canadian dollars (CAD)
The Foreign Currency Travellers Cheques are accepted worldwide in over 400,000 locations spread across 200 countries. They can either be encashed or used at Exchange bureaus, Banks, Hotels Shops, Restaurants and other establishments, thereby making your travel smooth and hassle free.
Always follow the procedure below to keep your money safe.
1. Sign : As soon as possible, sign your name in the upper left corner to help protect yourself in case of loss or theft.
2. Record : Write down your serial numbers and keep them with you when you travel, separate from your Travellers Cheques.
3. Protect : Safeguard your Travellers Cheques as you would cash.
4. Use : To pay, sign your Travellers Cheque in the lower left-hand corner in front of the person accepting your Cheques.
Every Travellers Cheque issued at Thomas Cook is secure and has Signature based Security to ensure your money is secure in your hands. Hence, even if they are lost, they cannot be used unless the signatures on your Travellers Cheque and at the encashment point/merchant establishment match along with that on the Photo ID proof.
In case you lose your Travellers Cheque, you can easily report it by following the simple process outlined by American Express below:
1. Locate serial numbers. Have the serial numbers for your lost or stolen Travellers Cheques on hand when you call the American Express Customer Service.
2. Call an American Express Travellers Cheque Customer Service Centre as soon as possible to report the loss and open a claim. Use the search tool on to the right to find the customer service number for your current location. Service Centres handle claims 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3. Plan delivery: During this call, American Express will help determine the best way for you to obtain a refund. Refunds are available at American Express Travel Service Offices and partner locations around the world.
* Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Identification and proof of purchase required.
Yes. When you return back to India, you can encash any unused Foreign Currency Travellers Cheques issued by us, at any of the Thomas Cook Branches.
Valid forever! You can save any unused Travellers Cheques for future trips.
*Terms & Conditions apply
Thank You for Subscribing
Shortly, you'll receive an e-mail asking you to confirm subscription to the newsletter(s) you selected.
Once you respond to that e-mail, you will start receiving the new letter