Know before you go: Thomas Cook launches 'Exploreí
All the travel information you need at thomascook.co.in
Is it safe? Is there anything interesting to do? Is the public transport any good? Traveling to an unknown destination is an unnerving experience if you donít know what to expect. From knowing how to get around to knowing what to do while youíre there, all travelers want to know what to expect before they arrive at their destination.
Thomas Cook (India) Ltd, a leading travel and related financial services provider has launched 'Explore,í an extensive library of travel content with destination guides, maps, travel tips, airport guides and even a global guide to current events in 150 countries on its website www.thomascook.co.in.
"When you travel, whether on holiday or business, you donít want too many surprises, especially not the unpleasant ones," said Ashwini Kakkar, CEO and MD of Thomas Cook (India) Ltd. "Thanks to the comprehensive content we have put on thomascook.co.in, we are taking the guesswork out of our customerís travel. They can now be fully informed before they go and can focus on their travel experience rather than worrying about details and logistics."
Whether planning a trip or researching travel ideas and facts, thomascook.co.inís 'Exploreí is an invaluable tool. All the content can be accessed directly from the siteís home page and from a tab found throughout the entire site. Once inside 'Explore,í one can find:
- Destination guides: over 230 countries and 120 cities are covered here with information and facts about visas, when to go, currencies, popular and offbeat attractions, history and culture and maps.
- Global event guide: A first in the online space in India, the event guide is a searchable database of events around the world. Customers can specify countries, cities, dates and even the type of event they are looking for such as music, performing arts, theatre, even clubs and parties! The database covers over 680,000 events in 150 countries. The content has been provided through a global partnership with Whatsonwhen.com.
- Airport Guides: With another first, the site provides travelers with handy airport guides, covering 184 international airports and containing information on terminals, transportation to and from the airport, airline desk numbers, lounges, hotel shuttles, car rentals, shopping and airport facilities. The guides are available in Adobeís PDF format for easy printing.
- Travazine: An online magazine updated fortnightly with travel articles about destinations, cities, people and travel advice. The magazine features renowned travel writers such as Gustasp Irani and aims to educate and inform travelers.
- Travel Tips: a large number of tips are available in a range of categories including air travel, business travel, family travel and healthy travel
- Converters: traveling to different countries often involves confusing units and measures and a unique set of converters allows travelers to get to know their destinationís measurements by converting temperatures, distances, weights and volumes.
Thomas Cook India created thomascook.co.in in 2000 as part of its commitment to give customers a choice of ways to access travel products and services. Today, thomascook.co.in offers holidays, flights, hotels and foreign exchange - all of which can be booked online. Backed by a state of the art call centre in Chembur and a nationwide network of 54 locations, Thomas Cook is strategically positioning itself as a truly multi-channel full service travel company