Located in Cairo, is the home to an extensive collection of ancient Egyptian antiquities. It has 120,000 items, with a representative amount on display. Built near the Ezbekeyah Garden in 1835 and later to the Cairo Citadel, the Egyptian government established it. The museum was broken into two mummies, which were reportedly destroyed during the Egyptian Revolution of 2011. Several artifacts were damaged alongside. Around 50 objects were lost, out of which 25 objects have been restored and were put on display in September 2013 in an exhibition entitled Damaged and Restored.