Andrew's Church in Brussels is a congregation in membership of both the Church of Scotland and the United Protestant Church in Belgium. In 1900, the first Elders were ordained. A special fund was set up by the Kirk session to raise money for building a church. As a memorial to the Scottish soldiers who had died in Belgium during World War 1, the present church buildings were built in 1925 with a seating capacity of 200 people. The distinctive early 20th century Art Nouveau houses along with the nearby home of the architect Victor Hortamakesthe surrounding area of the church noticeable. The congregation in 2013 was very multinational, representing more than 30 different nationalities. The largest number of people came from the regions ofGhanaand UK.