The Fortress of Sao Miguel- Also, known as Saint Michael Fortress is a Portuguese fortress built in the city of Luanda. Built in 1576, this fortress served as the administrative centre of Portuguese Armed Force in Angola until 1975. It has thick walls which makes this fortress into an independent town protected by cannons. This fortress was also the point used for slave trade where slaves were being shipped of to Brazil. Today it is the Museum of Armed Forces.