Built by Trulshik Rinpoche in 1945, the Dro-dul-Chorten is a Buddhist stupa which belonged to the Nyingma order of Tibetan Buddhism. It is considered to be one of the more important monuments in the state of Gangtok. The stupa is surrounded by 108 wheels of prayer which are all inscribed in native Tibetan language. Inside the monument lie Kanjur holy books, mantras, relics and many other religious artefacts of immense significance. Various other stupas surround this one namely the Jang Chup Chorten , which was built in memory of the creator of Dro-dul-Chorten. The stupa usually accommodates about 700 monks and is also available for tourists offering prayers, or simply viewing.