This historical mosque was constructed in 1904. It was erected near the Olympic indoor stadium; on Olimpisky Avenue. Designed by Nikolay Zhukov and several reconstructions followed. This mosque was marked as a cultural heritage building in 2008 but later it was removed from the list and was demolished in 2011. This structure happens to be the destruction of a first religious building since 1978, in Moscow. At the same site a new mosque is under construction.