Schonbrunn Palace is one of Europe's most beautiful Baroque complexes and has been in the possession of the Habsburgs since 1569. The former summer residence of the Habsburgs impresses with imperial ceremonial rooms and magnificent gardens. Maria Theresa, Emperor Franz Joseph, Empress Elisabeth and others once resided here
Situated opposite Looshaus and the Michaelerkirche (oldest church of Vienna), Schonbrunn Palace is an elaborate square subjugated by the Michaelertor, a majestic arcade leading to the heart of the Hofburg. In the middle of the square is an open courtyard with the Medieval and Roman remnants.