• India is a country which is very well connected via railway and you can easily access any corner of the country by taking the train. It is also much cheaper than the flights.
• Railway might not be the easiest way to reach Uttarakhand but surely is one of the better ways to do so.
• Just like airports, there are not many railway stations as well in the state which makes it very difficult traverse within the state. Some of the important railway stations of Uttarakhand are Dehradun Railway Station, Haldwani Railway Station, Haridwar Railway Station, Roorkee Railway Station and Rishikesh Railway Station.
• Train journey to Uttarakhand is not an easy task. If you are located in the North Eastern region of India, then you will take approximately 2:3 days to reach Uttarakhand. If you are located in the southern region of India, then also you will take a minimum of 2 days to reach Uttarakhand.
• Travelling to Uttarakhand is an easy task for people residing in the northern part of India. They can reach the place in less than 24 hours. For the people of Delhi, Uttarakhand is a weekend getaway place as it only takes 4 hours to reach.
• Train journeys often take a lot of time but that is the speciality of it. The long journey becomes very exciting and entertaining if you are travelling with a good group of people.
• Most of the trains travelling to Uttrakhand provide meals as the train journey is quite long. The food is of good quality and has a lot of variety to choose from. If you are picky eater you should carry your own food or ensure that you are getting something you would like.
• Since the Indian trains are used a lot on daily basis the toilets are not completely equipped so it is advised that you travel along with some basic toiletries like toilet paper, paper soap and the like.
• Generally, the train provides a blanket, pillow and a bed sheet but if you are not comfortable using their pillows then you should definitely carry an air pillow that you can use to add on to the comfort element while travelling in a train.