1. Where is Gold Coast located?
Gold Coast is a coastal city located in southeast Queensland, Australia.
2. What is the time difference between India and Gold Coast?
Gold Coast is 4 hours 30 minutes ahead of India.
3. What is the best way to travel to Gold Coast?
There are several domestic airlines that fly to Gold Coast. If you’re already in Australia, you can also take the road as it’s just about an hour’s drive from Brisbane. There are frequent Greyhound bus services available. For those who wish to travel by train, there’s a TransLink city train service as well.
4. Is it a safe destination?
Gold Coast is a safe destination, but you have to remember to be careful while walking on the beaches as giant stinging jellyfish wash up and can cause painful stings.
5. What are the popular places to see here?
Gold Coast is famed for its beaches and its theme parks. Dreamworld, Sea World and Warner Bros Movie World are some of the well-known parks here. Gold Coast also has several national parks, where you can do hiking and bushwalking.
6. What are the drinking laws?
The legal drinking age in Gold Coast is 18 years.
7. What is the currency used in Gold Coast?
Gold Coast uses the Australian dollar as its currency. Credit cards are accepted in all restaurants, cafés and bars. However, a good idea would be to get a Thomas Cook Travel Prepaid Card as it is a secure way of carrying money and Thomas Cook is one of the most trusted foreign exchange partners in the world.
8. Will I get WiFi connectivity? Can I buy a local sim card there?
Gold Coast is well connected in terms of WiFi coverage. Several places such as Southport, Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach and Coolangatta offer free public WiFi. It’s easy to purchase a local sim card from providers such as Optus or Amaysim.
9. What’s the food like there? Can I get Indian food? What about vegetarian options?
Gold Coast is famed for its seafood and fish and there are several bars, restaurants and food trucks where you can eat. There are also some good Indian restaurants here such as The Tandoori Place and Indian Empire and most of them are vegetarian friendly.
10. What are the emergency numbers in Gold Coast?
The emergency number across Australia is 000. You will be directed to the appropriate department once you call the number.
11. What are the local travel options here?
Public transport is a good option here to travel locally. There are buses, trains and trams as well as Uber so travelling is made easier.
12. What are some of the things to do here?
With its many beaches, Gold Coast is an excellent destination for those who love to surf, swim or even just meditate.
13. What are the tipping rules here?
Generally, staff do not expect to be tipped in Gold Coast although you may if you enjoyed the service.
14. What is it like to travel with infants, children and elderly?
While children have excellent options such as the theme parks here, Sea World is also a great place to visit with toddlers as there are areas for children to play here. Regarding the elderly, do visit Gold Coast with them when the school holidays are over as it can get very crowded otherwise.