Covid-19 Meghalaya Travel Guidelines 2021
Last updated - 31st May 2022 / As of now no new update till date
- Epass is not required.
- Fully vaccinated: Can travel without RT-PCR Negative Report.
- Partially vaccinated: Can travel with Partial Vaccinated Certificate + RT-PCR Negative Report of test done under 72 hrs. of travel to the destinatio
- Not vaccinated: Can travel with RT-PCR Negative Report of test done under 72 hrs. of travel to the destination
- Domestic & International :
- Travellers from other states are allowed to travel in Meghalaya
- According to meghalaya travel guidelines all passengers entering and exiting the state on the same day shall be required to be confined to their area of work
- 03 days protocol: Any person who wishes to enter the State with a planned duration of stay of 3 days or less will have to register themselves: http://www.meghalayaonline.gov.in/covid/testing.html
- They shall be required to possess a valid return ticket (Air/Rail). Those intending to travel by road shall mention the vehicle number that they shall return in.
- If they possess a COVID -19 NEGATIVE RTPCR report from a recognised laboratory for which sample collection time is within 72 hours from the time of arrival, they will be exempted from RAT.
- All passengers must register on the State portal to generate a unique registration ID: http://meghalayaonline.gov.in/covid/travel.html
- All passengers must apply online to hire pick up from the airport using unique reference ID on state portal: http://meghalayaonline.gov.in/covid/login.html
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for travellers:
- The said tests will be valid if the tests were done within 72 hours of commencing their journey. The RAT Negative Test will not remain valid for travellers entering the state.
- Tourists planning to visit Meghalaya will need to mandatorily register on the Meghalaya Tourism App and, at the same time, generate an e-invite for the proposed itinerary. You can find the Meghalaya Tourism App both on Google Play Store and the Apple Store.
- The e-invite can be generated on the official website of Meghalaya Tourism. All you need is a valid photo ID card of yours as well as of other members who are travelling with you; the same needs to be uploaded on the Meghalaya Tourism App. Those travelling in a group can register and generate one e-invite,
- You will be required to book at least two-nights stay (either at homestay, hotel, or guest house) and provide a declaration of the complete itinerary for the e-invite to be generated.
- The services of registered tour operators listed on the Meghalaya Tourism website and on the Meghalaya Tourism App, can also be used to get an e-invite.
- Further, those staying as a guest of any family or friend in Meghalaya, need to declare the contact details and full address of the family or friend. They will also need to submit the complete itinerary to obtain an e-invite.
- Hotels are operational
- Markets are open
- Some sightseeing points are closed