Spituk Gompa was founded in the 14th Century and is located at about 5 km from the Leh. On the top of the Gompa is a three-tiered shrine. The statues inside the Gompa are of Buddha and Tsongkhapa.
Gelukpa Shankar Gompa features Kushok Bakula Rinpoche who was the former Lama of Ladhak. Namgyal Tsemo Gompa is located above the palace and is open to the public for two hours from 7 am to 9 am.
Gurdwara Pathar Sahib is situated on the Leh Kargil road. This Gurdwara was built in 1517 when the founder of Sikhism Guru Nanak visited this region. Tibetan Buddhists consider Guru Nanak to be a Saint. The name Pathar is a large boulder where Guru Nanak had apparently rested during his visit. The Gurdwara is currently looked after by the Indian army.