This beautiful fortress is surrounded by sea from all sides, and is a relatively small one. The Golden Fortress was conquered by Chatrapati Shivaji in the year 1660. Interestingly, it was called Golden since it was known as the 'feather in the golden cap of Marathas'. It's surrounded by high walls from all sides and is spread over almost eight acres. Located on the Harnai port, this place used to be the base for the Maratha Navy ship building facility. The fort is a great attraction for tourists since it provides a great insight into Indian history.