Located on a small island like place near River Kshipra, the Kalideh Palace is about 8 kilometres north of Ujjain. The palace was built in 1485 by the Sultan of Mandu. The structure has been inspired by Persian architecture and was built over a Sun Temple. The current building and the Sun Temple were restored in 1920. It offers beautiful views of the river and a lot of greenery.